Moving Made Easy
- For Seniors who have not yet made the decision about whether or where to move
- To evaluate their current living situation. Does it make more sense for them to continue living in their current home? Does it offer everything they need?
- Definitions of the different types of retirement communities, e.g. Continuing Care Communities, Independent Living, Assisted Living ...
- Questions to ask when looking at retirement communities, e.g.:
- Is there a nurse on premises?
- Are pets allowed?
- Is there an initial payment? Is it refundable?
- Who owns the facility and how long have they been in business?
- Charts for evaluating expenses
- Checklists to us when they visit communities
- Helpful hints for de-cluttering
- Outline of the real estate process
- Staging ideas
- Room by room inventory checklists - to assist with the downsizing process
- Timetable for moving
Getting Ready To Move
- For Seniors who have chosen their retirement community
- Checklists for deciding what to keep, donate, sell, or throw away
- Information on the real estate process and what to expect
- Calendar with checklists to plan the move
- Important Telephone numbers (emergency, etc.)
- Telephone numbers for people with disabilities
- State and area agencies on aging
- Adult education
- Colleges and universities
- Town Halls and Senior Centers
- Employment and volunteer activities for seniors
- Advocacy organizations
- Hospitals and rehabilitation facilities
- Public Transportation
- Supermarkets - and on-line shopping. Food delivery services
- Visiting Nurse Associations
- Other senior organizations and resource
Advocates for Senior Issues
- We write articles for the Media that feature issues facing the senior population
- Featured in the New Haven Register, Jean Cherni's "Senior Moments" - a column that is read by seniors throughout Connecticut
- We serve on National Committees that promote service programs for Seniors
We will tailor our program to your needs, providing everything your clients require to make the decision easier.